[X4U] Eizo monitor problem

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Aug 16 20:47:30 PDT 2006

On 16 August, 2006, at 4:20:26, Allan Rube¹ wrote:

> Calibration would improve it.

When you attempted to calibrate it the last time, did the Display
preferences panel have the "Show profiles for this display only" box
checked under the"Color" section of the control preference ? This
would limit your choice of profiles. Uncheck it and see what appears.

Did you try to use the "Preferences" button (in the middle of the
window) to get additional setting controls? This will give you a
little bit more control on the accuracy of the calibration (if you
can get to there).

Have you tried to use the "Detect Displays" button,  and what
happened when if you did? I am using a 17" Apple Studio Display and
the only thing that I see happening is that my cursor freezes for a
few seconds and then goes back to normal operation. I cannot see any
other change on screen.

Is your monitor equipped with built-in controls to calibrate the
image on the fly? My old monitor had built-in controls to set Gamma,
Resolution, Moire, etc. It was a task to go through each setting to
get it calibrated, but it appeared better than the stock setting when
I was done.

Just some hints, good luck.