[X4U] Strange Browser Behavior

Stephen Mackenzie stephen.mackenzie at glenan.plus.com
Fri Aug 18 12:23:09 PDT 2006

On 18 Aug 2006, at 19:34, Da Pen wrote:

> Configuration info: Norton Personal Firewall v3.1, OS
> 10.3.9.

Norton products have a bad reputation on Mac OS these days. I don't use
them any more and can't say if that's deserved or not.

Mac OS X has ipfw built in and that should be more than sufficient:
find it in System Preferences/Sharing; Firewall tab.

Apple File Sharing has nothing to do with http. I think Norton is
getting confused.

There are no autodialers or viruses on Mac OS X that I know about. Of
course, you _may_ have the first one. But I doubt it.

There's an app called Little Snitch which you can use to monitor
connections.

SM