[X4U] WiFi card for Wallstreet

David Ledger dledger at ivdcs.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 19 01:03:31 PDT 2006

From: Ronald Steinke <ronsteinke at mac.com>
>If you use a third party card (of any manufacture), you may run into
>the problem of it not being recognized by Apple's software and having
>to buy additional drivers to make it work. I did this with my old
>Wallstreet laptop, and I had to pay twice for the drivers because I
>changed cards from Belkin to Orinoco brands. Both cards worked in the
>laptop, but not in any other machine. They were PCMCIA cards, not
>Airport cards and were too long to let the case be closed after
>inserting them in the socket. They fit the socket, but stuck out too
>far.

I have a Farallon Skyline for my Wallstreet from back in the OS9
days. The driver I have for OS X doesn't even do WAP. Sometimes,
opening the prefs pane freezes the system (10.2).

Where did you get your drivers from please?

David

--
David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
Chair of HPUX SysAdmin SIG of hpUG technical user group (www.hpug.org.uk)
david.ledger at ivdcs.co.uk
www.ivdcs.co.uk