[X4U] Re: Broken Pipe query

B.Cornett cornett at gol.com
Fri Aug 25 16:34:02 PDT 2006

Mr. Stroller, et All
Nice Guru suggestion, but...the sad saga continues...

On Aug 26, 2006, at 07:38 AM,
x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 05:10:07 +0100
> From: Stroller
> Subject: Re: [X4U] Re: Broken Pipe query
> To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
> 	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>

> On 25 Aug 2006, at 01:06, B.Cornett wrote:
>>> Go directly to <http://www.gizmoproject.com/download.php>
>>> And this will only work on computers running Mac OS 10.3.9 or higher.
>>
>> I had hoped that they had hungout another file DL to try, but
>> just was de javu again, and so, it does appear that something
>> is afowl on each of my X.3.9 Macs that I tried to mount the
>> .dmg file on and I'm still getting the 'Broken Pipe' error
>> (*any/all ideas/advise on this problem would be most helpful),
>> but I moved the DL'd file to an iBook366 FW with X.2.8 on it
>> and the file mounted fine there...
>
> Daft question - and sorry if this has been asked before - but you
> couldn't be running out of space on the machine that's giving the
> 'Broken Pipe' error, could you?

Nope, lotsa free Gbs open on the HDs, and I ran both DU and DW too,
and followed up with another unpacking mount try to no avail/luck,
with just the 'broken pipe' error in return for my time, though
I believe it pertinate that I try TTPv4 on the drives later today,
after I boot from the install disks and run DU on threm from there
first.

Do you think it could be some weird funkiness in StuffIt Expander
v9.01 perhaps?

I did come across a referance, to Disk Utility's being able to
somehow check the file(dmg or it's mounted image) , but I couldn't
get it to see the file on my desktops as it was grayed out, so no
luck there either.

Any other ideas, suggestions will be mucho appreciated.TIA

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
cornettATgolDOTcom
/