[X4U] Why Applescripts?

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Tue Aug 29 02:36:48 PDT 2006

The other day I was searching thru my H.D. for long unused text messages. I
had a subject I wanted to look up, to get some faintly remembered data.

When I finally found the document, it opened in Applescripts!

Now, why did THAT happen?

I'm guessing it was a 3 or 4 year old mail message from someone who uses AOL,
but as I say, that's a guess. I soon converted it to a .TXT document and it's
original identity was lost, but my question remains.

Why would ANY double-clicked text document open in Applescripts?

keith whaley