[X4U] Apple Mail Program not updating incoming message number

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Tue Aug 29 15:41:44 PDT 2006

Sometimes Apple's Mail program doesn't display the number of unread
messages in the Mail dock icon. This seems  to be an intermittent
problem where it works once in a while but usually doesn't show that
there are any new messages waiting most of the times when there
really are some emails unread. The icon seems to be updated if I go
into the Mail app.

This is under OS 10.4.7 on an G4 iMac. The mail program is checking
for new email ever minute. The dock is being hidden with the auto
show feature set.

There are less than 100 emails in the application so I am thinking it
can't be an overloading of the programs resources!

Any ideas?

Jens