[X4U] Bursting MIME digests in Mail.app

Andy Fragen lists at thefragens.com
Tue Aug 29 22:51:47 PDT 2006

For all those interested, I've got a working AppleScript that takes
me most of the way there.

Here's what I've got. For any MIME digest, if you run the script on
it you will have a created a 'burst.mbox' of the messages inside of
you ~/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems folder.

 From there you have to manually run through the 'Import
mailboxes...' menu item to import the burst digest into Mail.app.
I've tried looking everywhere I can think of and I can't seem to
figure out a way to script the import.

If anyone is interested in the script I've got to clean it up a bit
and then I'll send it along. If anyone knows of how I can script the
mbox import to Mail.app please let me know.

Thanks.

Andy Fragen