[X4U] Setting up SAFE FTP in 10.4.6

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Aug 30 20:49:17 PDT 2006

At 8:37 PM -0700 30/8/06, revDAVE wrote:
>On 8/30/2006 5:11 PM, "Daly Jessup" <jessup at san.rr.com> wrote:
>
>  > When you logged in from the remote computer did you use the name and
>>  password for the new user?
>
>Yes that's all I know how to do with MAC ftp.... Any other way?

Well, you might have tried logging in with your own admin user name
and password, which would most certainly have given you access to all
your files.

I wonder if you used SharePoints if you could limit access that way?
Or maybe if you just used a regular FTP space?

But probably the easiest way is to use one of those large-file
sending sites you were referred to like
<http://www.mailbigfile.com/about/>
or
<http://www.sendthisfile.com/>
or
<http://www.yousendit.com/>

Meanwhile, I hope someone does know and can tell us how to limit FTP
access to a particular folder. Would you have to set up a whole web
server on your hard drive to do that?

Daly