[X4U] Spam Filter in Mail

B. Kuestner kuestner at macnews.de
Wed Aug 30 21:40:41 PDT 2006

> Everything that comes through my .mac address is filtered almost
> perfectly, but almost nothing from my cable company address is
> filtered at all.  Any ideas on what I can do?  I am deluged with
> stock tips and pharmaceutical ads, etc.

Maybe the cable company already filters the easy to recognize spam
directly on their servers and only leaves you with the harder to
recognize spam? I know this is the case for one of my mail accounts.

For private e-mail users a simple rule "if not in address book then
move to spam folder" often does a job. Works for me. A quick glance
usually quickly identifies if an e-mail was incorrectly identified as
spam by that e-mail. I add the address to the address book, move it
to the inbox, then select all in the spam folder and delete.

Björn