[X4U] disappeared windows etc.

Mitchell Senft ms53 at optonline.net
Fri Dec 1 00:30:58 PST 2006

Running Parallels on a MacBook. Had a number of apps installed on the
Windows side, so to speak, as well as certain configurations on the
Mac side. IIRC, I changed the name of the Mac . Parallels and Windows
had been installed by the seller who tok the liberty of selecting an
account name I didn't ant -- wasn't quite easy enough to remember.

IIRC, after making the changes, shut down. On next boot, things were
different. Settings had reverted. For instance, the Dock had moved
with its preferences reverted to the defaults; similarly the trackpad.

And Parallels "forgot" that Windows had been installed and all the
Windows apps seeming disappeared from the drive.

Long story, short question: How do I "find" the "missing" Windows
apps so I don't have reinstall them -- one of which was fairly time
consuming?

Thanks,

Mitchell