[X4U] Canoscan install problems

nk netkat at comcast.net
Sat Dec 2 08:21:31 PST 2006

I just upgraded my Pismo to Tiger (from Panther).  everything went
fine up until my trying to install the drivers for my canon scanner.

the first installer is for a general canon device; the second for the
partic. scanner you have. After the first installer deposited a
clickable install widget on my desktop, I launched, but then got:

Error creating file.   1008:5, -5000 Access denied error   ( OK  )

then another telling me I don't have enough priveleges.

I repaired priveleges using Onyx for tiger, but same results.

Anyone have an idea what the issue is here?

thank you!

nk