[X4U] Network printing WinXP to OS 10.4.8 THE Problem defined!

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 4 04:26:19 PST 2006

I seem to have solved the client/server network problems but he
printing still doesn't work. Thanks for all yr suggestions.  Two of
them were very helpful.

As far as I can deduce the problem IS the printer driver. Tho Canon
makes good USB drivers for the i560 for both platforms, almost none
of their USB printers have drivers that allow them to be used over a
IP network. And further they've written them in such a way that they
can't be easily  modified to do the job.

Apparently I need a CUPS driver to make this work. I've not been able
to find one that is specific to the i560, tho many others are
available at SourceForge.org. If one written for another inkjet
printer would work I don't know how I'd ever find it except for trial
and error.

So at this point I guess I wait till a driver appears or my next
printer investment.  Till then I guess we continue with moving the
USB connection whenever we want to print with one of the
computers.    <SIGH> It's a pain.

John