[X4U] Getting Closer Network printing WinXP to OS 10.4.8

Jon Warms jwarms at mac.com
Mon Dec 4 06:47:19 PST 2006

Your solution may not be another driver. In my case, the
next problem on CarlyPrint was a question of fonts. If I recall
(again), I had to try several of the font settings until one
just worked.

The issue for me seemed to be that the XP print dialog has
different (or just more) options than on the Mac.

CarlyPrint is a Brother HL-2040 printer with a GIMP driver
on the Mac. When I ran the Add Printer wizard on the Windows
system, it found a driver that was already in the machine.

Jon