[X4U] Re: iTunes authorization

Jon Marett jmarett at mac.com
Mon Dec 4 08:18:39 PST 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 7:55 AM, Michael J. Prevost wrote:

> Since authorization to play your DRM protected tracks are
> ultimately flows from your Apple iTunes account, choosing to
> deauthorize all computers is not a problem or risk (I've done it a
> bunch of times myself).
>
> Once all machines have been deauthorized, each machine that
> attempts to play a DRM track for the first time will seek
> authorization with Apple's servers. If your account is under the 5
> machine limit, authorization is granted. Fast and nearly transparent.
>
> Mike

Is there a way to deauthorize a computer I no longer have?
Unfortunately I must have forgotten to deauthorize a couple of macs
before getting rid of them way back when, so now I show 4 authorized
computers while I only have 2 machines. Obviously it won't be a
problem if I don't add more than one machine and remember to
deauthorize all my machines in the future, but I would like to clean
this up.

jon