[X4U] Macpro processor choice

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Tue Dec 5 00:41:33 PST 2006

hi

i remember reading on macworld.com (i think…) that getting the
standard macpro (2.66), adding a second 250gb drive and setting both
drives in a raid configuration boosts the speed dramatically.

macworld: "To see what kind of performance boost we’d get from this
type of setup, we connected two 250GB drives in a RAID 0, installed
OS X, and ran some of our standard tests on it. And the results were
impressive, to say the least. Adding just one drive (available for
$90 or less online) gave us a lot more bang for our buck than the
$800 processor upgrade available from Apple. A 2.66GHz Mac Pro with a
striped array was just 5 percent slower than a 3GHz Mac Pro without
the striped RAID"

not bd i would say…

the complete article: http://www.macworld.com/2006/10/features/
macprohd/index.php

alexandre
:: 17" 2.33ghz ic2d macbook pro / 2.0gb / 160gb / X.4.8 ::