[X4U] Cube Rotation Stopped Working

Michael J. Prevost mprevost at dot4.com
Wed Dec 6 07:01:16 PST 2006

The cube-rotation effect (e.g. when switching users) has stopped
working on my Dual 2.7 GHz G5 PowerMac (about 15 months old).  It has
the default video card from Apple, Quartz Extreme and Core Image are
both supported of course.

I may have quit working on the 10.4.8 update, but I am not sure.

My system is configured with the 30" display so one possible
explanation is that an OS update consumes more video memory than
previous releases, and the factory video card no longer has enough
available video memory available for the cube effect when the 30"
display is attached.

I like the cube rotation effect... has anyone else seen this problem?

Mike

--
Michael J. Prevost
Dot4, Inc.