[X4U] iTunes authorization

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Wed Dec 6 07:54:42 PST 2006

On 12/4/06 11:02 AM, Linda wrote:

>> I didn't know that before this threaded started up - and it looks
>> like I'm not alone.
>
> I did know, I just forgot; my "crap" is knowing that when I deauthorize all,
> I'll have to drive six hours to reauthorize my Ma's computer. She's not real
> savvy and if she sits down to listen to her music, and it doesn't play,
> she's liable to call city hall to tell them that someone has been stealing
> things off her computer.

Update, and another big D'oh!

The G4 needing deauthorization was successfully deauthorized. Wiping the
hard disk didn't matter; the authorization is held by Apple, not locally. I
booted up the old G4, launched iTunes, and was able to Deauthorize This
Computer  in the iTunes menu. Woo hoo!

So... authorization outlives disk re-initialization, another good data point
to know. :-) And Ma can continue to rock out without needing to worry. Whew.

~Linda