[X4U] (no subject)

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Wed Dec 6 11:21:02 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm having a small problem with my OS 10.2.8 PowerBook G3
(Wallstreet) and PC Cards. Yesterday I received a DVD-Video PC Card
that is made specifically for the PowerBook G3 Series computer
(thanks Thane). I tried the card in the lower PC card slot like
Apple's web site says to do but the card shows up as "Unrecognized
model, Unrecognized vendor". If I place it in the upper slot it shows
up as and Apple DVD-Video card, but Apple says the card won't work in
the upper slot (something about zoomed video) and sure enough Apple's
DVD Player wont launch. I tried booting into OS9 and this time the
finder would unexpectedly quit every time I inserted the card in the
lower slot. (upper slot recognized the card). This leads me to
believe there is something wrong with the lower PC card slot. Is
there anything I can tinker with myself without having to send it out
for service?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com