[X4U] OT: Lacie 1TB RAID Ext FW Drive

Neil Lists at mac.com
Wed Dec 6 21:42:47 PST 2006

on 12/6/06 12:07 AM, Brett Conlon wrote:

> As long as the drives are the same bus type as the existing ones it should
> be possible but I'd be emailing LaCie support for confirmation before I
> did anything.

It's strange, but they say that they don't know if it will work.  I find it
hard to believe that they don't know anybody who tried it.  Anyway, they
suggested that I make sure to check the jumper settings.  They didn't say
anything about special formatting or anything.  I guess I'll give it a go.

First, I want to put an SATA card in my G5 to hook up an internal four drive
raid.  Do you have any recommendations on cards?  Or, can you suggest a good
place to ask that question?  I remember some of the cards had problems with
certain Macs and other cards had problems with certain drives.