[X4U] Apple's user base geezers?

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Thu Dec 7 08:28:54 PST 2006

On 12/7/06 10:01 AM, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:

> Have you ever been to a MUG? Of those I've been to, I'd say 75% of the
> members are 55+.

I think 55+ are more likely to belong to social organizations than younger
people who are still working full-time, in school full-time, have kids in
diapers or still living at home, etc. 55+ers also haven't had a computer
most of their grown lives, whereas younger people have, and so those 55+ers
might tend toward MUG for troubleshoooting and handholding.

<anecdote>The crowd I see in an Apple Retail location any day of the week is
typically much younger than 55+. </anecdote>