[X4U] Apple's user base geezers?

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 7 10:38:53 PST 2006

On 12/7/06 10:26 AM, Eugene Lee <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 09:23:44AM CST, nk <netkat at comcast.net> wrote:
> :
> : I skimmed an article on one of the online mac zines saying basically
> : that  most people using macs are older (55+) whereas young computer
> : users are favoring pee cees.
>
> Source?

http://www.metafacts.com/pages/media/tupan06_announce_061129.htm

"Nearly half (46%) of Apple's base is age 55 and older, almost double the
share of average home PC users (25.2%)."

> This may jive with local Apple user groups that harken to the days of the 68k
> Mac and the Apple ][. But it doesn't match the waves of the younger generation
> that I see in Apple stores.

An update on MetaFacts site notes "Recent purchases only reflect a small
portion of the installed base. These symbolize the future."