[X4U] Apple's user base geezers?

Thomas Noel tnoel at mac.com
Fri Dec 8 14:28:21 PST 2006

On Dec 8, 2006, at 10:15 AM, keith_w wrote:

> Thomas Noel wrote:
>> Just what is the perceived problem with this supposed older base
>> of users? I am one of them, age 54, and I would note that this
>> demographic has the most disposable income. I have 5 Macs, 3 PCs,
>> and two Sun workstations served by 3 networked printers. And this
>> is just in my home! I bet Apple would love many more of me.
>
> Hah! Demonstrably overkill, unless you have a family of 7!  <g>
> I was just harrumph-ing until you added the *three* networked
> printers!
>
> Or, have a home business...
>
> keith whaley

Two Mac laptops for self and spouse, two Mac desktops for same, one
Mac server running back-up, file services, mail, and DNS. One PC
dedicated to HIPPA compliant vpn connection to Med center on-line
apps ( for hard-working spouse). Two PCs for games etc when kids are
in town. Sun boxen to keep up Solaris skills just in case!

One laser printer for cheap bulk printing and business
correspondence, one wide carriage Epson for photography hobby. One
Brother AIO for fax and business in my wife's home office.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. ; > )

Tom