[X4U] Direct ethernet beachball woes

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 10:34:18 PST 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 9:47 AM, Jens Selvig wrote:

> Are you using AFP to do this? When you mount the second systems hard
> drive are you also mounting the shared first systems hard drive? I
> don't know if you can that but I guess it could be done

Each machine mounting file systems from the other is a perfectly
reasonable thing to do.

> Have you restarted both computers and tried mounting?

This is what I'd recommend also. Turn both machines off. Then turn one
on and wait till it's finished starting, then turn the other on. That
way there's no potential for a race condition and conflicting network
addresses being chosen. Unless you're an experienced sys admin, and
even then, problems like this can be very difficult and time consuming
to track down. If restarting the both machines fixes the problem then
don't worry about what the problem was and be happy.

Phil