[X4U] Program Error when saving from PShop (CS2)

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Tue Dec 12 22:40:45 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm having a weird error appear on 3 Macs (2 X G5/2.0 on 10.4.7 & 1
Intel/2.66 on 10.4.8) in the studio when they are saving any file type
(TIFF/EPS/PSD etc) to their Work partitions. It basically states:

"Could not save "XYZ" file because of a program error."

They are able to save it to any other partition on their Macs ("OSX
STARTUP" / "FONTS" / "SCRATCH") but their "WORK partition.

Sometimes re-launching Photoshop does the trick, sometimes a reboot won't
fix anything. I don't believe it is happening with ALL files but there
seems no consistency with the files that do produce the errors. This issue
has reared its head on 3 Macs today (I've seen it before but infrequent
and rebooting seemed to do the trick). I've not done ANYTHING on any of
these Macs so can't attribute it to that. I've also run Disc Utility over
them and no errors were picked up.

The Adobe forums talk of a similar issue with saving TIFFS but specific
digital cameras and scanners were involved.

Anyone with any thoughts?

Cheers,

Cojcolds

ps. apologies for the cross posting to OSX & Quark lists but I'm on annual
leave for 4 weeks after Friday so need an urgent answer.  <8-}