[X4U] Apples Airport worth the extra cost?

Mark mark at MARKHEATH.NET
Thu Dec 14 06:25:12 PST 2006

On Dec 13, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Bob Aldridge wrote:

> I’m wanting to install a wireless network in my house. Apple’s
> Airport cost’s $200 vs some of the new “N” models from Linksys are
> only $129. I’m wanting to support Apple but the cost of the Airport
> seems so outragoues. Is there some reason it is so expensive? It is
> worth it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Bob Aldridge
> Huntsville, AL

The Airport base station is easier to set up and looks good but is
definitely not worth the money. I'm using a Belkin wireless router
with my macs.

700MHz iBook G3       1.33GHz iBook G4
640MB Ram	                512 MB Ram
OS 10.3.9                      OS 10.4.6

"Laugha while you can monkeyboy."
       Dr. Lizardo(Bukaroo Bonzai)