[X4U] Apples Airport worth the extra cost?

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Thu Dec 14 07:11:47 PST 2006

On 14 déc. 06, at 15:25, Mark wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Bob Aldridge wrote:
>
>> I’m wanting to install a wireless network in my house. Apple’s
>> Airport cost’s $200 vs some of the new “N” models from Linksys are
>> only $129. I’m wanting to support Apple but the cost of the
>> Airport seems so outragoues. Is there some reason it is so
>> expensive? It is worth it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --Bob Aldridge
>> Huntsville, AL
>

> The Airport base station is easier to set up and looks good but is
> definitely not worth the money. I'm using a Belkin wireless router
> with my macs.

the airtport express is cheaper and it can stream your music to your
hi-fi. and you can print wirelessly with many printer. all of this
plus a good, compact design and an easy set-up procedure is well
worth the extra price. but then i'm an apple maniac… ;-)

regards

alexandre
:: 17" 2.33ghz ic2d macbook pro / 2.0gb / 160gb / X.4.8 ::