[X4U] Airport Setup

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Dec 14 09:48:59 PST 2006

I was helping a friend setup her newer iMac to work with her older Airport
router. Her iMac can contact the base station. She uses high speed DSL the
same provider I do but in the PPoE part of the base station settings I don¹t
see the field for the password nor is it terrifically clear where the DSL
provided user name goes. I don¹t use wireless so I don¹t have a clue but the
Airport Base Station setup looks different from how the PPoE is setup in the
Network tab of the System Preferences so I¹m a little confused. I was hoping
it would look the same or similar. It¹s still not working does anyone have
experience with this? We¹re in Canada with sympatico if that helps.

Thanx

Richard

Richard Gilmore
Media Production Centre
Faculty of Education
University of Western Ontario
rgilmor at uwo.ca

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice...
In practice there is - Yogi Berra