[X4U] HP Designjet 2500

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Dec 14 11:51:28 PST 2006

> A friend bought this printer to work with his G4 PB (10.4.8).  He went to
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ DriverDownload.jsp?
> pnameOID=12679&&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25153 and selected OS X.
> The downloaded soft asked for OS 9.  The latest version is from 2002. Has
> anybody a solution or a driver for this printer?  My friend hasn't OS 9.
> I even don't know if one can install OS 9 on this PB.

Warning!  HP dropped *ALL* support for this plotter, and a bunch of others
earlier this year.  They won't even talk to you about them.  If you need
repairs and you're lucky they'll recommend a 3rd party repair outfit.  Of
course that also assumes that there is someone in your area that can do the
repairs.

I hope your friend got a really good deal on the plotter.

Yes, I just got bit by this, but on a different model.

Zane