[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 28, Issue 23

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 15 06:32:10 PST 2006

I recently switch from Eudora to Mail for OS X.

I'm having a problem importing folders from Eudora into Mail. The
import of the "In" folder worked as expected, but the  "Out" folder
was poor in two respects.

1) It doesn't show the To column, only the From column and since all
the outgoing mail was from me that wasn't very  helpful.

2) Furthermore all the dates are listed as Today, also not helpful.

So I can't see when the mail was sent or from whom--without  opening the mail.

Also, where are these Mac Mail files stored? I would like to be able
to get at them as text files for programmatic processing.

Maybe there is a better email application for OS X? Mail doesn't seem
to allow for paragraph indenting the way Eudora does, or some of the
other formatting options. I miss that.

Thanks,

Jim