[X4U] Need to promote an account

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Fri Dec 15 16:12:56 PST 2006

On Dec 15, 2006, at 5:16 PM, Mark Paul wrote:

> You can check on Netinfo Manager. One option may be to boot from a
> System CD and create the account from there.
>
> On Dec 15, 2006, at 2:08 PM, Mark Gibson wrote:
>
>> At 17:00 -0500 15/12/06, Neil Laubenthal wrote:
>>> Are there any other admin accounts? If not . . .and if the root
>>> account wasn't enabled . . .I don't know of any way to do it.

You can enable root by going to Netinfo Manager and click on Security
and then Authenticate.  Then, enter your password, click on Security
again and you'll see that enable root is now an option that you can
choose.
You do have to remember that using root is very dangerous territory
if you really don't know what you're doing.  So, please be careful.

Tim

--
Tim Collier
Mac Pro 2.66