[X4U] Odd "bing" sound, every 10 minutes~ SOLVED!

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Sun Dec 17 04:18:27 PST 2006

keith_w wrote:

> Last...this morning, before I even turned on my SeaMonkey mail and web browser, I
> got another beep, "Sending message for keith1" with a progress bar. Stayed on for
 > a second.
> The second beep occurred a couple of seconds later, NOT accompanied by a
> window.
>
> Oh well, I'll figure it out sometime.

Problem solved.
The above info was a clue, since my usual send/receive application,
SeaMonkey, had not yet been turned on this morning! Aha!
I searched my Dock, and found Entourage was active.
I opened it, and found a message in the *outgoing* box, that I had put
there a couple of months ago.
On opening that message, I saw a small line of text below the message
window that said, "'Send & Receive All' in 5 minutes." or words to that
effect...

I couldn't send that OLD test message, because I had never properly
configured Entourage. So, it kept trying to send that test message every
time it was activated, but all it could do was beep and tell me it was
still trying to send it.

I deleted that test message and all's quiet now. ;-)

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks!

keith whaley