[X4U] applications quitting at odd times for no reason that I can determine

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Dec 17 08:18:34 PST 2006

On 16 Dec 2006, at 22:58, Winston MacKelvie wrote:
> ...My G3 PowerBook (12", 10.4.8) has applications quitting at odd
> times for no reason that I can determine. ... Always happens in
> AddressBook  whenever i type a second letter in the little search
> window.

This makes me wonder if Spotlight is responsible.

Can you try running `sudo mdutil -E /Volumes/*` at the command-line
and seeing if the problem persists?

If that command gives an error then you'll need to use `for foo in /
Volumes/* ; do sudo mdutil -E $foo ; done`

> I can click on that or other persons in the AB list and it works.
> Pages also quits at odd times as does Safari.

I don't find this sentence clear. I think you're saying AddressBook
always crashes when you SEARCH for "Joe Someperson", but it's no
problem if you just go to that addressbook entry manually?

Stroller.