[X4U] Dead iPod

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Dec 19 07:32:30 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

My iPod suddenly died yesterday. Everything was fine until I tried to eject
it and it suddenly wouldn¹t. In fact it almost froze my entire G5 for
awhile. It wouldn¹t respond to wheel clicks etc...I finally reset it by
holding menu and select at the same time. After that it won¹t mount and it
makes an ominous clicking sound like the hard drive is bad, which I hope is
not the case. Anyway I tried repairing it with Disc Utility because it did
say it had an error then tried to reformat it but it refuses to mount and
when I reconnect it and use DU again it tells me the disc has the same error
again. I¹ve ³repaired² it numerous times now and it refuses to mount. Is is
dead am I out of luck? It¹s only two years old. Any ideas?

Thanx

Richard