[X4U] Dead iPod

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Wed Dec 20 09:39:36 PST 2006

Richard: do you have the same version of iTunes on the two machines?
And does the iPod have the most recent firmware?

Version 7 of iTunes allows you to update your iPod from within iTunes
rather than requiring you to use a separate iPod Software Updater, as
used to be the case.

Jeff
On Dec 20, 2006, at 10:20 AM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> Good news sort of...I plugged the iPod into my Mactel at work and
> ran the
> iPod updater and it brought it back to life except that I lost all
> my music,
> which is mostly on my G5 so I only lost a little bit. But I plugged
> it back
> into my G5 and it went dead again. So I did a restore again from my
> Mactel
> for a second time and it's now working again. I'm in the process of
> transferring my music from G5 To Mactel and loading it back to
> iPod. But now
> I have to figure out why my G5 is breaking it?
>
> Any clues? Should I delete iTunes would something be corrupt?
> Preference
> file? Is there anything I could/should delete to start off fresh on
> the G5?
>
> Thanx
>
> Richard
J-K Carruthers Limited          Tel: 613-278-0390
678 2nd Concessions N Sherbrooke, RR1   Fax: 613-278-2929
McDonalds Corners, ON K0G 1M0      cell: 613-720-2350
www.carruthers.com                          e-mail: jeff at carruthers.com
Publishing Orders in Council for more than 25 years