[X4U] Drop down menu of active programs

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Thu Dec 21 08:37:33 PST 2006

At 04:10 -0800 12/21/06, James Hurley wrote:
>My multi-button mouse slipped off my desk the other day and in my
>efforts to retrieve I caused a drop down menu  appeared in the upper
>right hand corner of my  screen which appeared to list all active
>programs--it just as quickly vanished so I didn't get a good look at
>it.
>
>I couldn't find the keyboard or mouse buttons configuration to
>duplicate this apparition. Anyone know what it might be? It looks
>useful.

Hmmm.  That works all the time on this machine. The top right menu item displays a list of the active applications and I can make any one of them active by a simple selection. I can also hide the current application or hide all of the others with a simple click. Of course this is an 8500 running OS 9.

OS neXt equivalents are the "top" or "ps" commands in Terminal.app but one has to be a bit of a geek to use them.

I would bet that someone has attempted to emulate that feature of OS 9 in OS neXt as they surely have with others. Have you installed any of those humanizing applications and forgotten about it? FruitMenu comes to mind.

--
-->  The best programming tool is a soldering iron <--