[X4U] iCal Reminders Confused...

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 07:00:01 PST 2006

Dear list,

My PB G4 is running 10.4.8 and all software is up-to-date.

I am using iCal version 2.0.4.

I have reminders for many events. For example, I have a reminder to
look for the gas bill. It normally comes on the 23rd of every month
so I have a monthly reminder.

Yesterday the bill did not come, so I deferred the reminder by one day.

Today, the reminder popped up, but for the September event! I looked
at the Sept event and its reminder was for 25 Sept @ 16:10.

I looked at yesterday's event and its reminder was for today, at 17:45.

So, the reminder came up at the right time, but referenced last
month's event.

This has been happening for many months, and I think even as far back
as 10.3.9.

I have delete the iCal files in the caches', various iCal plists, and
the problem continues.

I even exported the entire calendar, dumped everything I could find
related to iCal, and reimported.

Problem continues.

I have even deleted some of the events and generated new ones, and
waited the  month+ for the event to remind, and as long as there is
one event in the past, the problem occurs.

Last week, and annual event, for which I had already deleted the
event in 2005, a reminder popped up referencing last year's event
after having delayed this years event reminder by a day.

So, I am stumped.

Can someone shed some bright light on what I am missing....

Lee