[X4U] export Address Book

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Tue Dec 26 11:32:00 PST 2006

At 1:00 PM -0500 26/12/06, Peter Saint James wrote:
>On 22 Dec 2006, at 7:08 PM, nk wrote:
>
>>is there a way to export all the contents of Address Book into a
>>text-editor-friendly form?
>
>	There is a fairly simple method built into Tiger's Address
>Book to pretty much do this.  It may not help nk, because I suspect
>it probably does not work in Panther.  Others may find it useful:
>
>	--Open Address Book.
>	--Select all entries.   (Or all the ones you want.)
>	--Give a print command.  You get a large dialog box.
>	--Select "list" for the style.  Choose the other options in
>this dialog box to meet your needs.
>	--Hit the PDF button in this dialog box.

The trouble with this is that a PDF is not exactly "text-editor
friendly" as she requested. Has anyone tried my suggestion of Address
Book Exporter? It puts the whole data base into a text file that
opens in Excel with all fields properly and neatly in their own
columns, suitable for editing, and saving out any way you like. It's
amazing.

Daly