[X4U] No video in browsers

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Dec 30 20:54:52 PST 2006

On 12/30/06, Stroller <macmonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> On 26 Dec 2006, at 13:20, David R. Boag wrote:
>> ... I'm pretty certain that Apple is using QuickTime and not Flash
>> for their video clips on their website, right?
>
> Yes, they do. I'm sure that videos on Apple's website will play on a
> Mac when it comes out of the box. You might try emptying the cache in
> the Safari menu, and if that doesn't work, try the "reset safari"
> option there?

Warning! Alert! Caution!

FWIW, be very careful with reseting Safari. That action deletes the contents of
~/Library/Safari/, which includes your Bookmarks and History files, and may
also muck with your login.keychain (~/Library/Keychains/) and cookies
(~/Library/Cookies/) files. I never reset Safari without making copies of those
beforehand.