[X4U] Video recording meetings with iSight

Scott McCulloch mylists at ascottmcculloch.com
Wed Feb 1 11:05:31 PST 2006

I'm looking for an easy, inexpensive way to use my iSight and
Powerbook to make video recordings of one-on-one meetings.

I've got QuickTime Pro, and that will do the trick -- but it is very
limited in terms of settings for the actual recording (they can be
adjusted after recording, but that's not a great option as it adds
extra steps and all the time to "export" the file with the new
settings).

So, are there any applications that will allow me to use my iSight as
an audio/video source, set the image size, frame rate, codec (audio
and video), and audio bitrate for the recording and then record
directly to my hard drive?

It also needs to be something that won't hog the whole processor - as
I need to be able to type notes on the Powerbook at the same time.

QuickTime Pro is so close -- if only I could adjust those settings to
record with.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott