[X4U] Another cool firefox feature

nk netkat at comcast.net
Thu Feb 2 08:10:51 PST 2006

think of it this way. lots of people here use macros and shortcut
utilities, programmable mice, etc..often to handle very simple chores
which often consist of mouse clicks...having these chores automated
or made quicker isn't a life or death situation..it just makes things
a little easier. multiply a chore by how often you do it, and you get
the value of that shortcut.

It's similar with moveable tabs. I might want to hop back and forth
between two tabs. if they're separated by 3, 4, 5 or more other tabs,
that means more mousing, more time, more tedium. moving tabs closer
together makes it easier to flip from one to another.

No, it won't dislocate my shoulder or crack my spine to move the
mouse farther, but if there's something that makes my workspace
easier and more effective for me, why not do it?

there's no more mystery to it than that. it must might not be
significant for some people. perhaps just like I don't need to dive
into Dashboard to get at a widget to control iTunes, when I can have
iTunes right there tucked away in a corner.

personal pref, how you like to work.

nk