[X4U] OS 9 question on Laserwriter 16/600 PS driver

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 2 19:18:58 PST 2006

At 2:35 PM -0800 2/2/06, John Richardson wrote:
>Hello Fabian/Daly,
>
>Centronics (parallel) on one end to USB cable on the other is the connector.
>
>If the connector translation is a problem please chime in. Otherwise,thanks
>for the information.

John, is there any reason they don't want to connect it using
ethernet? It would sure be happier on the network.  I use an old
Asante FriendlyNet adapter to change the old ethernet port on the
printer to a regular 10-base T connector. I  just hunted around a
little and found one at eBay current at 99 cents:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/Asante-Friendlynet-powermac-Ethernet-Adaptor_W0QQitemZ5862345773QQcategoryZ41993QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

This might be your solution and you could pay for it out of lunch money.

Daly