[X4U] Centronics to USB cable

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Feb 2 20:18:14 PST 2006

Dorothy Hennings said:

>Where can this cable be found? I have aPersonalLaserWriter that has a
>Centronics socket. I could then use the printer with my G4 iMac

Well, first, which "Personal LaserWriter" do you have?  If it is an SC or
an LS, there are no OS X drivers for it.

If it is one of the other Personal LaserWriters, it is a LocalTalk
printer, and a LocalTalk to Ethernet adapter will be much more reliable
than a Centronics adapter, in my experience.

The LocalTalk to Ethernet adapter that I recommend is the EtherMac iPrint
Adapter LT from Proxim (the similar AsanteTalk EtherTalk to LocalTalk
adapter from Asante is not as reliable).  You can find one on eBay.  For
example:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/Farallon-EtherMac-iPrint-Adapter-LT_W0QQitemZ586128288
2QQcategoryZ80061QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html