[X4U] apple compatible device for recording meetings

mac2 mac2 at oryx.cc
Thu Feb 9 06:37:29 PST 2006

I need to record a weekly status meeting so that co-workers that are not present
can listen.

As the content is just spoken/voice from people sitting around a table, I
originally thought that my 3rd Gen iPod + a Griffin iMic would work fine.

Why I am not looking for a studio quality recording.  The audio quality from the
iMic was very low.  Also, because the iMic attaches directly to the iPod, every
time the memory buffer fills and writes to the hard disk, you can hear the disk
drive spin up and write.

I am looking for some other suggestion for recording a meeting.  And to keep
this on topic, what ever it is, I need to be able to down load the audio to my
G5 system for any additional editing and upload to an intranet site.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jerry K