[X4U] apple compatible device for recording meetings

Milton van der Veen miltonlist at hurontel.on.ca
Thu Feb 9 10:15:24 PST 2006

A 700 series iRiver will do this. I used it to record a discussion
between unmiked participants in a row in front of a room while I was
sitting in the audience in the front row over to the side. The mike
was sensitive enough to pick up all the audio and it encoded MP3
files directly at about 6MB per 20 minutes.
<http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/ultra/700/>

I uploaded to my G5 Mac via USB and the iRiver-supplied software. For
editing I used MP3 Trimmer so I wouldn't have to re-encode the MP3
files:
<http://deepniner.net/mp3trimmer/>

I broke the audio into 20 minute segments and used iTunes to burn it
to CD for distribution.

Milton