[X4U] firewire hub

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Feb 9 10:29:38 PST 2006

Michael Winter said:

>Or as an alternative, I think I remember an enclosure that was
>recommended by some (Randy, were you one?)  a year or so ago that
>held two drives and had a great price. I don't know if something like
>that is still available or not.

Yes, but hardly anyone has them in stock anymore.  You used to be able to
find one of these cases for as little as $45, but the best price that I
know of right now is $130:

http://www.superpcparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=6347

I wouldn't pay that price.  Instead I would go with two Argosy cases:

Argosy $38
http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=c:36232;p:10500933

And, by the way, I wouldn't put two FireWire hard drives on the same
chain or attach them to a FireWire hub, I would instead purchase a
multi-port FireWire PCI card.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html