[X4U] [Ti] hard drive for 17" powerbook

mac.k at a2k.ch mac.k at a2k.ch
Thu Feb 9 17:47:28 PST 2006

> On 2/9/06 7:35 PM, mac.k at a2k.ch wrote:
>
>> SMARTreporter says everythings ok

and my hd is now happily churning away again, refusing to boot again!

> Well shoot. That was recommended on the mac-osx list not three weeks ago.
>
> If you are not booting again... it probably IS your hard disk.
>
> You can test by booting that Mac into Target Disk Mode and connecting it
> another computer. If the drive refuses to boot as a Target Disk, or
> freezes,
> then you know the problem is not with the OS (which you are bypassing),
> and
> you can be pretty sure that it is hardware.
>
> -Linda

booting in target disk mode worked with my girlfriend's ibook, it appeared
ok on her desktop. but after a few minutes, i also got the spinning wheel
as i was examining files on the 17".

in the mean time my 17" refuses to boot again! for the moment i have 2
suspects: spotlight indexing and intego backup. the latter appears in
console's log. can't give you specific details since i don't have it in
front of me

geez, i'm losing patience. i have a deadline on monday

alexandre