[X4U] Question for the self-employed

MacTechLists MacTechlists at cox.net
Thu Feb 16 07:43:37 PST 2006

I am self-employed and do Macintosh technical support. I have purchased
all my computers, 800MHz Titanimum PB (bought new), 2.1 GHz iMac (bought
new and non intel), G4 AGP graphics (bought new) and now upgraded to a
1.3 GHz processor.

One advantage to purchasing is a person can now take off the entire
purchase price of a new computer in the year in which it is purchased.
Good if the income goes up in that year.

Years ago I purchased a PB 3400 and purchased with Apple Loan. I was
upside down (owed more than the PB was worth) the last 2 years of payment.

If you need to keep up with the latest technology, leasing would
probably be a good choice.

SE