[X4U] Apple dumping OSX....

Miche Doherty miche at beeb.net
Fri Feb 17 12:10:36 PST 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 3:55 am, Dominic wrote:

> Not sure if this article has made the complete rounds, I know that
> Dvorak is a long time Apple hater, but there has to be some fire to
> this smoke? What has me most concerned is Adobe's decision to postpone
> Intel version of their Apps until 2007. That kills the Printing and
> Graphic industries in one stroke.

I think Dvorak likes, from time to time, to write something egregiously
stupid about Apple in order to generate some "controversy" - i.e. page
hits. The alternative is that he believes this stuff, but let's be
charitable. He offers, at best, a few half-baked reasons why Apple
*might* consider switching to some vaguely-conjectured
Windows-with-a-nicer-GUI, but he neither produces any evidence that
they are, nor considers any counter-arguments regarding what happens to
Apple's hardware sales if they become a maker of mid- to high-end PCs
running the same OS and apps as anyone else's. And when he drags up the
appearance of Bill Gates's Big Giant Head at a 1997 Stevenote as an
indication that Apple will change OS almost a decade later, you know
he's trying to make bricks without straw.

As for Adobe: have they really postponed their Intel versions? I'm not
aware of any previously-announced earlier target date. Remember that,
until last month, Apple's public position was that the changeover would
be complete by the second half of next year, and Adobe was (still is)
on track to meet that target.

Miche.