[X4U] Apple dumping OSX....Slow Adobe

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Feb 17 14:34:10 PST 2006

> I want Windows safely in a protected box (I think the technical
> phrase is something like "running on a virtual machine") like it is
> in VPC. With VPC it can only access the disk space set aside for it
> (and has other restrictions as far as the actual hardware is concerned.)
>
> Consider also, Microsoft also sells VPC for Windows - why not VPC for
> Mactels?
>
>    Andy

For people that want to game, as well as run certain other apps, it would be
very nice to be able to boot directly into Windows.  Basically CD-ROM access
in VPC is *pathetic*, and there are some other serious issues with it.

Personally I'd like the option to do both, but would probably only use VPC.

I'm hoping that the existance of VPC for Windows might make VPC for
Mac OS X/Intel easier than the move to G5 was.  Something else worth
considering is that running on an Intel chip is likely to make it easier to
get some of the Open Source solutions for this running on Mac OS X.  I'm
actually expecting to see a serious performance increase in certain ports.

		Zane