[X4U] Apple dumping OSX....Slow Adobe

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Fri Feb 17 16:11:26 PST 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 4:18 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

>> If the Mactels can boot into Windows directly I wonder if they'll
>> be a need
>> for VPC? Some sort of dual boot might be the thing.
>
> Sadly the dual boot doesn't look like it's going to be an option,
> at least
> not without a serious hack.  This is a shame, as I know someone
> that has a
> serious need for this capability.  Without it, it almost makes
> sense for
> them to move to a PC.

I'm betting that Vista will boot on Mactels. And why not? What does
MS have to lose? If they sell VPC with Vista or Vista alone, it's
still a sale.

And, it's a very limited additional hardware set that they have to
support. If known hardware is good for Apple it's good for MS.

Sounds like gravy to me.
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net